Idolatry is not out of date. Historically, idolatry involved large statues and domed buildings with images of "gods" front and center. Perhaps we have less of that now. So where does idolatry take place nowadays? Our hearts. "The human heart is an idol factory" (Tim Keller). How? Our desires become demands which morph into needs. Those "needs" drive our decisions. What do you "need" today to be "okay"? To be happy? As God's dearly loved children, let's keep ourselves from idols. He is ultimate. It's our job to keep our hearts in His love!
Adults & Teens
- A Word from Pastor Shaw
- Register for Church
- Suggested Reading: 1 John 5
- Song of the Day: O Praise the Name
- Tune into Pastor Ethan's Online Bible Class at 8 am on Sunday mornings through Calvary's YouTube Channel.
- How to continue faithful giving:
- Give securely online
- Mail your check to 12501 Montcalm Ave NE, Greenville, MI 48838
(we are not open to drop offs at this time)